- * A modern Digital Library with a high-speed internet access.
- * Separate sections for Book Bank, Periodicals, Back volumes, Reference Materials and Project Materials are provided.
- * Reprographic facilities such as Photocopier, Printer and CD Writers.
- * DDC coding, Magnetic Scanner, Bar Coding facilities enable the user for faster accessing the Library.
- * A tie-up with IIT, Madras is established for enhancement.
- * OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Title/Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s).
- * Audio Visual Section is also available.
A student database is created with the total number of students on the rolls. When new admissions are made their names are included and when a student completes the course or leaves the college for any other reason, the name is removed from the database and the membership deleted, after checking for any dues.
A staff database is also created for all the staff. Each student and member of the staff is issued a Library card with unique number, which is the students roll number and staff code number. The colour scheme for both students and staff membership is kept different for easy identification.
For the benefit of students from economically weaker sections, especially SC/ST category, a special section - Book Bank - consisting of books donated by our Alumni is provided. The students are allowed to get the relevant books issued from the Book Bank and retain them for the entire semester.
Library Automation and Computerization:
- * A Book database is created in the computer and is entered in the accession register as also for the journals / magazines which are updated for any additions or deletions.
- * A student database is created in the computer with the roll numbers, student name, and number of tokens.
- * A staff database is created in the system with name, membership number, token number and department.
- * After the physical segregation of books under various disciplines, the same is carried out in the computer system program with interlinking accession numbers and call numbers.
- * When books are issued, it is also entered in the computer. The member's number is entered and the accession number of the book or magazine borrowed by the member along with the date of issue and the due date. Book renewal can also be done in the same way.
- * Books can be retrieved either if the author is known or if the title is known. Books can also be retrieved according to any particular subject since all the available books on that particular subject are also displayed.
- * Both the Libraries have separate sections for old periodicals and magazines. A separate section is maintained for department project work thesis.
Project work undertaken by the students as a part of their curriculum and also undertaken by faculties and completed successfully are kept in separate shelf with proper identification.
Audio Visual Facility
Computers are made available to the students in the Llibraries for reading the CD's.
Library is provided with 2 Xerox machines. A nominal charge shall be collected for using the same.
Local Area Network Facility
The Library has LAN facility. Through this, the, Library software can be accessed by the students from the server.